THE HEALTHY HOME PROGRAM
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) awarded METEC Resource Center funds to mitigate health and safety hazards in residential properties located in certain zip codes. Hazards that may be addressed include: radon, windows, doors, siding, pest control, mold/moisture remediation, minor roof/structural repairs, electrical, excess cold and heat, and trip/fall hazards among others.
1. Zip Codes: 61603, 61604, and 61605
2. 80% or below Area Median Income (Example: $68,250 for a family of (4) four per the 2022 Limits)
3. Paid property taxes
4. Current homeowners’ insurance
5. Proof of ownership
6. Three-year ownership requirement following mitigation work as required by HUD *Renters may also apply with Landlord
1. Radon testing, and if necessary, mitigation
2. Budget/credit/financial counseling sessions
1. Income Verification: All occupants 18 years and older
Examples: One month of most recent paycheck stubs, SSI statement, Social Security Statement, Unemployment Benefits, retirement/pension, alimony, child support, self-employment statements, IRS Form 1040, W-2 and other
2. Evidence of Occupancy:
Driver’s License, State I.D., Medical Card, letter from the Social Security Administration or Certificate of Naturalization papers or card, school letter, library card and other
3. Property Owner:
Homeowners’ Liability Insurance with the amount of coverage
4. Landlord Properties:
Landlords are required to pay a Match of 20% of the total cost of the project. Call METEC for complete details.
What types of repairs can I have done?
The most common repairs are radon mitigation, windows, doors, pest control, mold/moisture remediation, minor roof/structural repairs, electrical, excess cold and heat, and trip/fall hazards.
Do I have to have radon testing done?
The Healthy Homes Grant requires that every home has radon testing done. If radon levels are elevated the mitigation will be one of the addressed hazards.
How do I apply?
Application Period is Currently Closed
What areas can apply?
Zip codes: 61603, 61604 and 61605